Whether this is your first move or your tenth, Smooth Movers understands that the moving process can be tough.
We believe that preparation is the key to having a successful move, so every little bit helps. That’s why we’ve put together a simple moving guide that will help you adequately prepare for your upcoming move. Completing items on this checklist before your movers show up will gain you the following:
- A swifter move: The crew will be able to come right in and begin to load things directly onto the moving truck. Saving you time and money.
- A safer move: Items that are properly wrapped and packed will provide enough protection from any potential damage.
- Better Organization: Once moved in, you will see that things will be better organized which will save you time during the unpacking and settling-in phase.
If you have any questions about the guide, don’t hesitate to give Smooth Movers a call at (706) 286-2265!
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE VERSION
- Take inventory of everything that is being planned to move. Categorize by room.
- Acquire boxes for items that need to be packed. *Ask grocery and liquor stores for used boxes rather than buying new boxes.
- Create a Label System that is easily understood for the moving crew. Ex: Label boxes “Room 1” for the Master bedroom, “Room 2” for guest bedroom, etc.
- Pack all miscellaneous items into boxes or tubs. Pack heavier items on the bottom and lighter on top.
- Remove clothing from drawers of dressers and pack into boxes or tubs. This will make moving heavy dressers and furniture much easier.
- When packing heavier items (books, dishes, etc.), please do not pack into large boxes. It’s easier to move multiple smaller boxes than one heavy box.
- Bubble wrap fragile belongings (TV, mirrors, art, lamps. etc) and pack into boxes, if possible. Make sure to use wrapping paper in boxes for added protection.
- Rent or buy moving pads/blankets beforehand. Wrap any furniture you would like protected. Use bubble wrap on any furniture that has glass. Use shrink-wrap to wrap around the pads and bubble wrap to keep in place.
- Once you are finished packing and wrapping, if possible, move boxes to the closest exit of the house. This will help speed up the loading process for the movers.
- Load your own vehicle with valuables or expensive items that you can easily move yourself.
Would you like us to take care of all the packing and wrapping beforehand?CONTACT US
- Label each room of the new location corresponding to the labels on the boxes that were packed.
- Please ensure that children and pets are out of harms way.
- Move carpets and rugs that may be a tripping hazard for the movers.
- Please park personal vehicles out of the driveway. Please do not park in the garage, this may be a better entrance for movers.
Following these steps will help ensure a quicker and less stressful move!